Thursday 17 January 2013

Foliage follow-up PART 2!

This is not the official foliar follow-up frenzy. But when I woke up this morning, the sunlight was beckoning me outside. So in my bare feet and shorts I went outside to admire the the golden rays illuminating some of my favourite plants. You have to experience the garden at all time of day.  It changes with the angle of the sun, and the morning sun is one of my favourite times!  In fact, it felt quite spring like out today.  Everything felt alive with happiness. Spring plants are even starting to come up from their slumber.  And so with this happiness I decided to extend the foliage follow-up by an extra day.  Here's what beckoned me....

The morning glow on yucca 'bright star' always brings a smile to my face.

When the sun shines, I sometimes forget I'm in the "winter garden" mode.

And I'm okay with that sort of denial. After all, there is an eternal summer within me.

My poky friends have summer hearts too.

I love love love this yucca gloriosa variegata.  It always reminds me of rays of sunshine with the ribbons of gold and cream running throughout it.

And how could I forget the bones of my garden, palms!!!

10 comments:

  1. Sunshine! Pretty day and it makes your plants shine too.

    We have had a very cloudy and gray winter. Whenever I get a bit down about it I think of my blog friends in PNW who see even less sun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The sunshine does wonders on your spirit. It's crazy to think sometimes how little sun we can get up this way, but it certainly makes me thankful. I hope things clear up for you!

      Delete
  2. Your garden looks wonderful as always Louis but I'm really glad you have that summer within you to counteract the hypothermia and frostbitten toes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Seriously my toes have been cold since August. I just can't get me warm enough!

      Delete
  3. Oooh, that variegated Yucca deserves to be called gloriosa! So pretty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I looooove that yucca. The variegation is particularly nice.

      Delete
  4. Summer hearts beat wintry hearts anytime with me! That looks warm and cheery, esp the palm fronds...I should see what happened with some of the palms near me. Your Yucca gloriosa variegata is AMAZING!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you appreciate the summer loving hearts too! I think part of my love for the palms comes from how they make me feel while in the yard. I'd love to see some ABQ palms!

      Delete
  5. An eternal summer in you? You sound like a warm and happy person!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can only hope that I radiate warmth and happiness. I do know that my heart beats to the tune of sunshine.

      Delete