Thursday 8 May 2014

Garden Stalking in West Vancouver

I've been to this garden once before and when I was passing it the other day I had to stop and do some garden stalking. It's really that good. First off, when you pull up to the house it looks like something out of somewhere much much warmer. These towering palms greet passers by.


Look at all the ripe palm seed!

It looks as though they have recently planted these nice yuccas. When this one fills out and starts growing it will look really great!

From another angle you can see just how beautiful this garden is.


But here's where things get really exciting. There's a young tree fern looking beautiful, and can you spot the coziers opening up in the far left hand side of this photo behind the wall?

My visit was unannounced so I didn't get right into their driveway to take the pictures. But here you can see the new growth of those tree ferns poking up behind that wall.

And here I was exercising my best iPhone paparazzi zoom into the driveway area! Check out the size of that dicksonia antarctica!

This was right on the road and easier to get a nice shot!

Have you done any garden stalking lately? I simply must work up the courage to ask for a full fledged tour. This garden is too spectacular!

7 comments:

  1. You're right - that garden looks as though it could be sitting down the street from me here in southern California. I haven't taken any neighborhood walks recently so maybe I need to make the rounds again (before the next heatwave, due early next week).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's an incredible garden. I do like this idea of seeing some SoCal gardens :)

      Delete
  2. Yep, you need to get invited in for a proper visit. Grab a plant as a gift and go ring the bell, you might just meet a new gardening friend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I like this idea! I think I will have to do just that!! Thanks for the idea :)

      Delete
  3. Oh yes, I'm quite the garden stalker as well. This looks like a beautiful garden. Maybe one day you'll get a full tour.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't garden stalking so much fun!? I'm hoping to get in there real soon :)

      Delete
  4. How I envy those mature windmill palms! They last on average 15-20 years here, and just when they're starting to look good, we get a cold winter that kills them. Even if they survive, the foliage is usually messed up enough that they never develop a nice full crown.

    ReplyDelete